Which DAWs and plug-in formats do Mathew Lane plug-ins support?
Mathew Lane plug-ins work on OSX (10.7 and up) and Windows (7 and up) in following plug-in formats:
- The AAX format, in 32-bit and 64-bit. For ProTools 10/11/12/2018 and up.
- The VST(2) format, in 32-bit and 64-bit. For Cubase, Nuendo, Studio One, Ableton Live, Reaper, Samplitude, Sequoia and more.
- The VST3 format, in 32-bit and 64-bit. For Cubase, Nuendo, Studio One, Reaper, Samplitude, Sequoia and more.
- The AudioUnit(AU) format (OSX only), in 32-bit and 64-bit. For Logic, Garageband, Studio One, Reaper and more.
Give the demos a try to see if our plug-ins run on your system to your liking!
Which licensing system do Mathew Lane plug-ins use?
Mathew Lane plug-ins use the well known PACE iLok licensing system.
For all Mathew Lane plug-ins, this means it is required to have a free iLok user account. If you don’t have one yet, you can create one on iLok.com .
Other Mathew Lane plug-ins can authorise dongle-free on your computer itself (Host Computer authorisation). They still optionally support iLok USB dongle authorisation if preferred: it’s your own choice.
Do I need an iLok USB dongle?
For other Mathew Lane plug-ins, you only need a free iLok user account. If you don’t have one yet, you can create one on iLok.com .
How do I activate my Mathew Lane plug-in(s)?
When demo-ing or buying a Mathew Lane plug-in, you will receive an iLok License Activation Code. This unique code will redeem into a Plug-in License on your computer or on your iLok USB dongle. In case of 14 day demo period this is a temporary Demo License. A purchased iLok License Activation Code will redeem into a Permanent License.
There are two ways to redeem this iLok License Activation Code and to receive and activate your Plug-in License:
- On running the plug-in without valid license, an Authorisation window will pop up. Choose ‘Activate’ and enter (copy/paste) your iLok License Activation Code. Next, login to your iLok account and select the location for your License to activate to.
- You can redeem your iLok License Activation Code using the iLok License Manager. After logging in, go to menu ‘Licenses’ and choose ‘Redeem Activation Code’. Enter (copy/paste) your iLok License Activation Code and select the location for your License to activate to.
Please note that to authorise an internet connection is required. When using an iLok USB dongle, you can move the dongle after authorisation from an internet connected computer to an offline DAW computer.
It is required to have the iLok License Manager installed on the computer where the plug-in is used, as this manager software includes the necessary drivers and extensions for the Plug-in License to work.
Can I demo a plug-in again?
You can use the on this website available 14 day Demo Licenses only once per plug-in.
If you’d like an additional demo period however for any good reason, we can manually post a 14 day Trial Extension License into your iLok account. Please email us with this request and be sure to include your iLok account so we know where to post the Trial Extension License.
Is there a difference between the demo and the purchased version?
No, both use the same installer and are identical. The only difference is the License you are using: a temporary Demo License or a Permanent License.
How are purchases handled and Licenses delivered?
The Mathew Lane webshop accepts payments by credit card and PayPal. All payments are handled by a secure PayPal.com online transaction. No sign up to PayPal is required for credit card payments. Depending on your country of residence, your phone number and/or email may be asked by PayPal during checkout: this is solely for your own security, this info is not used for anything else.
Your purchased License(s) are delivered immediately as iLok License Activation Code(s). You will find these on the Purchase Confirmation page after your payment, as well as in your email inbox.
My company name and/or VAT number do(es) not validate on checkout?
To purchase with a European company VAT number, it is important that your company name is written exactly as in the EU VIES database. You can check this database by validating your VAT number on the EU VIES site.
Do I automatically have an account on your new site as existing customer?
No. This means customers who purchased any plug-in(s) from mathewlane.com before March 21, 2018 will not automatically have an account with their then used email address as login.
This also means the ‘Lost Password’ link will not work when trying with your email address used for purchases in the past.
Please also note the next FAQ regarding previously made purchases.
To get a login on our new site for future purchases, simply register for a new account with any username and email address you like. This can be the email address used for purchases in the past, but does not have to be, you’re free to choose what you’d like to use for the future.
The Purchase History in My Account does not show all the plug-ins I own?
The Purchase History will only show purchases made on this site since March 21, 2018.
If you have bought Mathew Lane plug-ins direct from mathewlane.com in the past, before the current website, they will not show up in your Purchase History list. No worries however, we have kept record in our office of those purchases for support, future upgrade paths and/or special customer deals.
If you have bought Mathew Lane plug-ins via a 3rd party dealer, they will not show up in your Purchase History list either. Again, no worries, we keep record of those purchases!
This site is GDPR compliant. GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation, the EU privacy legislation.
To process your purchase, we require your name, email address and invoicing information to deliver your license(s) and create an invoice for our and your bookkeeping. We took following measures to assure your privacy:
- Your personal information is securely handled and stored.
- Encryption with a digital certificate keeps information private as it’s sent to or from the https website www.mathewlane.com .
- Your personal information is never shared with 3rd parties.
- You can find and change your personal info on your My Account page.
- If you like us to remove your account completely, please contact Support.
- Your Credit Card information is never stored with us: credit card payments are securely handled by PayPal, who will never share your credit card info with us. Depending on your country of residence, your phone number and/or email may be asked by PayPal during checkout: this is solely for your own security, this info is not used for anything else, we will never contact you via phone. Please contact PayPal for more info.
- During demo download and purchase checkout, you have the option to subscribe (or not) to our email list. It is not required to subscribe to demo or purchase our plug-ins.
- You can unsubscribe from our email list at any moment, by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every mailshot we send.
ProTools on OSX does not recognise DrMS after updating to v5.1.0 - what to do?
First, delete DrMS.aaxplugin from the following folder:
Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins
Then run the DrMS v5.1.0 installer again, all will be fine now!
DrMS presets are not listed in alphabetical/numerical order on OSX High Sierra?
When using the new APFS filesystem in OSX High Sierra, it causes the presets to be out of order.
We are currently awaiting to see if Apple takes any action themselves to solve this bug. If not, we plan to implement a workaround for this in the next DrMS update.
If you can’t find back the answer in the FAQ, please contact us via email.
We are here to help you and always try to get back to you as soon as possible.